Dr. Himanshu Garg
He is an experienced Respiratory & Sleep Disorders physician with more than 15 years of experience across different geographies. He has trained extensively in India and Australia and has served as head of Respiratory & Sleep Medicine services of large tertiary care hospitals. He played a pioneering role in the emergence of Sleep Medicine in the South East Asian region. Recently he has been a staff specialist at the Royal Darwin Hospital. He was very active academically and involved in teaching of fellows and medical students. He has served as the founder president of the South East Asian Academy of Sleep Medicine and has published in national and international journals.
Major Educational Qualifications
- MBBS from Dr. S.N. Medical College, Jodhpur, INDIA in Oct. 1998.
- Post-Graduation training & Residency in Respiratory Medicine from the prestigious S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur, INDIA in June 2003 to obtain MD
- Fellowship training in Sleep Medicine at the Western Hospital, Melbourne (Australia) in 2007
- Accorded Fellowship by American College of Chest Physicians in 2007- FCCP
- American Board Certified in Behavioral Sleep Medicine in June 2008 to obtain ABSM; one of only few people outside of North America
- American Board Certification in Polysomnographic Technology in June 2008 to obtain RPSGT
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2020 FRACP
- Life member Indian Chest society (ICS).
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians (FCCP.
- Certified in Behavioral Sleep Medicine- CBSM (USA).
- Registered in Polysomnographic technology (RPSGT).
- Member governing council Indian Sleep disorders association (ISDA).
- Member American Academy of Sleep Medicine (ASSM).